Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thoughts

On the ride home ytd, KW really set me thinking. It really surprises me the way the conversation evolve.

I asked KW, 5 yrs ago how did he manage to break away from the past to become who he is today. Instead of answering my question, he helped me find the answer.

KW: How do you get to Paris?
Me: Fly lor
KE: What abt… Walk? Bus? Swim? Ferry?
Me: hm… then I guess it will depend on your location then
KW: So how do you get to Timbatu
Me: HUH where is that?
KW: So you don’t know how to get there right? It is because you do not know the ending point. Once you have your heart set on an ending point, you eventually will know the route to help you get there.

The underlying meaning is BE PRECISE and HAVE AN OBJECTIVE - know exactly what you want and you will get there. Don’t live life “blur-ly” always QUANTIFY what we want.

I guess I need to start pondering in which direction which I should steer my life towards. At a crossroad.

No comments: